Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Voting Day

Yep, its voting day.  What makes this election more significant than any I can remember lately is that my kids are old enough to vocalize some opinions.  They don't mean squat, but at least they are paying attention and can name who the current President is. 

I remember as a kid I was in elementary school when Texas' Governors race was between Clayton Williams and Ann Richards.  I couldn't name you one of their positions on anything, but that didn't stop me from telling everyone entering the building to "Vote Clayton."  I was the kid door monitor so I had a pretty good spot from whence to espouse my political views.  I think I just liked his name.  I have no idea why I chose Williams.

And this year, I have heard both my kids tell me "Trump" or "Clinton" at least 20 times.  I tried to sit with Luke and explain the dilemma his mom and I were facing, but he didn't really care.  He did emphatically tell Katie that Trump was better, to which she replied "Hillary".  Luke has been stuck on Trump and Katie has flip flopped a few times.  I think she likes the idea of a female president, but hears her mom tell her why Hillary is crooked, so she changes to Trump.

Anyways, the big day is here.  I have already voted.  So many are looking forward to this being over, but honestly, they will all find something else to bitch about next week, so who really cares?


No comments:

Post a Comment