Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Updates galore

Well, it has been a while again, but here I am to post an update.

The bermuda grass is still there, but some of it is dead.  The zoysia around it has yellowed, but I think it is still alive.  Which is more than I can say of my queen palm in the back yard. It was a door nail, so I took my sawzall and cut the top off.  Now I have a stump sticking out of the ground at about 4 feet. 

My garden is faring really well this year.  I have tomatoes (multiple varieties), basil, sage, oregano, thyme, cilantro, and dill.  I have also planted three different kinds of strawberries that are doing awesome.  I like to watch the kids look for the strawberries.  Katie also wanted to plant some corn.  I told her I didn't think it was a good idea and that I had no where to put it.  So, we ended up planting some corn in a planter, and we have some decent stalks showing up.  I am going to transplant it next weekend to the spot near the dead palm tree stump and see what happens.

City Council election was last weekend.  Hoerner got ousted, and Angie Terrell and Kurt Otten got voted in.  Lets see how things go from here.  We all went up to Oakies for an election party last Sat night.  I had a blast, but I was also coming from our Derby De Mayo party, where I made mint juleps with a margarita chaser.  In addition, I made fresh tuna ceviche, shrimp and chorizo, chips and queso, and a crock pot full of carnitas.  I also made a garlic onion tortilla cake, but forgot to take it out of the refrigerator to serve.  Guess what we had on Sunday??  Anyways, lots of neighbors and friends showed up to watch.  Katie won the money on the horse race.  Marlina had Mothers Day with her mom last Sunday and I had a day with the kids.  I got my first sunburn of the year as we went to the pool.  It has reached 90 degrees during the day.  Summer is here.

No comments:

Post a Comment