Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Time spent with the kids....


For the past three weeks, Marlina has been helping out a fellow island couple by watching their two kids during the day.  Well, her day starts at 5:00 am, and she is out the door by 5:45 to be on the job by 6:00.  That leaves dear old Dad to wake the kid's up, feed them breakfast, get them ready for school, and delivered to different schools between 8:00 and 8:30.  A seemingly innocent list of tasks for the experienced, but I have not had to perform these tasks for any of the kids previous school careers.  So, Marlina left me a list of how to get things done.

Needless to say, I do things a little differently than Marlina. 

I won't go into too much detail, but I will say that spending some time in the morning with my two favorite kids has been extremely rewarding for me.  From fixing breakfast to getting dressed, I watch the two of them with their different styles and attitudes and think to myself that I am a lucky son-of-a-gun.

No comments:

Post a Comment