Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Stressed out

After attending a wonderful party for neighbor Bryan on Saturday night, we returned home and slumbered away.  The crawfish pie was to die for, BTW.  Marlina woke the next morning with a pain in her chest. The left side of her chest.  You know, where that one muscle that pumps blood throughout her body is located?  I looked for the aspirin, but of course, we were out.  I high tailed it to Target to get some.  By the time I got back, she said that she was having pain in her left arm as well.  That's it, I yelled, and loaded the kids and wife into the car and streamed straight for the emergency room.

The kids, not really freaking out, but kinda freaking out, asked if Mom was ok.  I said that I didn't know, but that was why we went to the hospital.  After we got her signed in and settled in, I loaded the kids up and headed to drop them off at my parents.  It took me 2 hours round trip because of they had the freaking freeway shut down. Anyways, I got back and Marlina was sleeping. 

I got the chance to talk to the doctors who informed me that they think she was just stressed out, that it doesn't appear that she had a heart attack but that they wanted to observe her a bit more.  She slept for most of the day, and I got the chance to finish my book, The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn.  Sitting there in the hospital reading about ole Huck and Tom Sawyer's adventures sure had me planning some capers with the nurses and doctors.  But alas, I didn't do it and she got released about 7:00.

The moral of all of this is that when your body is telling you to take some time off to properly process everything, you need to listen.  Dealing with the death of her father the weekend prior, on top of that, dealing with family politics, and on top of that trying to go to work and dealing with kids' schedules, she didn't take the time out to listen to her body.  She barely slept all week and it finally wore her down.  Who knows what would've happened if she would of pushed through this pain?  I don't regret taking her to the hospital.  I just wish I could take away her pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment